Sunday, September 16, 2007

Pumpkin Strudel

Ah! I LOVE FALL!!! It's still over eighty degrees here, but it's cooled down enough to make me want to cook and cook and cook. And fall foods are starting to appear in the stores. Mmm-mm-mm-mm-MMMM! I found gorgeous apples in Walmart today, so I bought some. And then I found pie pumpkins, so I bought one. After that, I found apple cider, so, well, you know what I did. (I usually don't buy ANY produce at Walmart...it's cheap because half of it is ROTTING, and I 'm not picking through it. I still get my produce through our farmer's market down the road. Two words: fresh and cheap.) Oh, I also got candy corn for our candy dish!!! Tonight I made pumpkin strudel (thanks for the notes, Mom!). OH GOD, WAS IT GOOD! I would have posted a picture of it here, but you'll have to wait until the next time I make it because WE ATE IT ALL!!!! HA!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUMMMMMM-OOOOOOO

Anonymous said...

Heidi, Love the blog. Gonna keep up on your family.
Uncle John is doing Ok, he has a couple more weeks of treatment to go. Then sometime in Dec. we find out if all the treatments worked or not. Thanks for keep him in prayers. More is better than some. love ya, aunt Kathy